In the Summit County real estate world, we often say that our big kick-off to summer is the 4th of July weekend. And, while that continues to ring true in the real estate world, Summit County’s summer playground really gets started on Memorial Day weekend.
Having spent 24 winters in Summit County, I look forward to the high country’s summer every year. With no humidity and highs typically in the 70’s, there just isn’t a better place (in my opinion) to play at my favorite summer activities. For me, those are paddle boarding, hiking and biking. But don’t forget golfing, fishing, sailing, kayaking…..the list goes on and on. Let’s take a look at what Summit County has to offer this summer:
- Get out on the water from the Dillon or Frisco Marinas
- Moor your boat, rent a boat, kayak or paddle board, take sailing lessons, take in a sailboat tour, soak in the sun on the beach, or enjoy lakeside dining at Lake Dillon’s 2 marinas. For more detailed information on their offerings, check out their websites below:
- Dillon Marina: https://www.townofdillon.com/marina
- Frisco Bay Marina: https://www.townoffrisco.com/things-to-do/frisco-bay-marina/
- Concerts & Other Entertainment:
- Don’t miss out on great concerts throughout the County’s several venues. Click on the links below to see the various line-ups
- Dillon Amphitheater
- Warren Station in Keystone
- River Walk Center in Breckenridge
- Copper Mountain
- 10 Mile Music Hall
- Theatre SilCo - Summit County’s only Professional Theatre
- Backstage Theater
- My all-time favorite activity in the summer is getting out on the trails.
- Check out https://www.summitcountyco.gov/1172/Trails-Trailheads to find a trail best suited to your ability.
- Mountain Biking: https://www.trailforks.com/region/summit-county-17215/
- Road Biking: https://www.summitbiking.org/
As you can see, there is always something to do in Summit County, Colorado. Feel free to give me a call if you want more personalized ideas for you and your family!!
Enjoy your summer!!!